Ok so I just installed ruby and rails and everything everything would
work also got a test server working.
I already have mysql installed on my Mac (it's a macbook pro) now when I
either try to configure my ruby (I don't know where) or when I try to
install the mysql gem I always get error messages....

ERROR:  Error installing mysql:

/usr/local/bin/ruby extconf.rb install mysql --
--with-dir=/usr/local/mysql
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lm... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lz... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lsocket... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lnsl... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no

Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7 for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out

I have Xcode installed obviously but somehow this doesn't work....

Would be great if you could help!
Thanks!

Lukas