On Apr 13, 2008, at 7:40 AM, James Gray wrote:
> I bet that's great library, but, not being a scientist, I'm probably =20=

> the wrong guy to talk it up.  Thanks for the suggestion though Ara.

A) it's the single biggest ruby project after rails.  think about that!

B) take 50% of the list where people say 'ruby is too slow at XXXX' or =20=

why can't i do 'XXX' - the gsl is by far the largest container of =20
algorithms on rubyforge, but orders of magnitude, it's not just =20
science: scan this list

   http://rb-gsl.rubyforge.org/ref.html

and you'll see things like 'complex numbers', 'vectors', 'matrices' =20
'permutations', 'FFT', 'random number generation', 'statistics', and =20
'NArray compatibilities'

scan the list of ruby quizes and you'll see where i'm headed ;-)

> I ma bug you when I start trying to make good NArray examples for =20
> similar reasons=85  ;)

sure.  the fact that these two libs work together is immensely powerful.

check this out

http://codeforpeople.com/katrina/fast/

and here is the code

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/155483

using narray in combination of mmap.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being =20
better. simply reflect on that.