On Apr 12, 4:31 am, Tom Cloyd <tomcl... / comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to install the most recent fxruby gem - I don't understand
> what's happening:
>
> sudo gem install fxruby-1.6.14.gem
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
>     Could not find fxruby-1.6.14.gem (> 0) in any repository
>
> That makes no
>  sense to me. I got that version number from output of the 'gem list -r
> -d' command, to wit:

This may sounds silly, but did you tried this:

gem install fxruby -v '1.6.14'

or even better, no version at all?

gem install fxruby

What is the output of that command, also, what version of rubygems are
you using? (gem env).

Issue a complete filename only works with gem stored in your harddisk
in your current directory. Also from your other tests, http URIs will
not work either, since rubygems only download stuff from gems servers,
is not wget or curl.

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena