On 12.04.2008 15:33, Marc Heiler wrote:
>> #freeze has side effects
> Actually I think I would not say "side effects",

Even if you would not use that term it is the proper CS term for what's
happening here. :-)

> I would rather claim
> that if one does .freeze an object, this object becomes rather unusable

Usability is changed.  Whether the object is usable or unusable depends
on what the code wants to do with it.

> (as you can not normally undo a .freeze again), I actually cannot recall
> that I really needed .freeze in any code i wrote

It comes in handy when you want to prevent a particular class of errors,
i.e. all those that are caused by unintentionally changing an object.
Once you find that a constant is not as constant as you thought you
might start using #freeze.

Kind regards

	robert