On Apr 11, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Trans wrote:

> What are other people experiences with all this? Do you find it better
> use highly categorized namespaces and to stick with namespace/filename
> mapping? Or have you too found alternates organizations you prefer?
>
> Thanks,

child classes should be inner classes - saves a ton of typing

class WindInstrument

   class Trumpet < WindInstrument
   end

   class Carinet < WindInstrument

and then use shortcuts

def Music.trumpet *a, &b

   if a.empty? and b.nil?

     WindInstrument::Trumpet

  else

    WindInstrument::Trumpet.new *a, &b

end

trumpet = Music.trumpet(arg, arg){ block }

so the two main concepts are:

- nest classes under parent
- assign shortcuts

i'm not strict with that - but both are useful for maintaining
sanity.  i esp like

   children = Parent.constants.select{|c| Parent > Parent.const_get(c)}

not that code - but you get the idea

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama