> On top of that I would like to add that it is crucial for my participation
> that I can create a working solution within a couple of hours of starting
> to read the challenge.

I had a basic solution working in 10 minutes.

I suppose that a lot of the extra wording of the quiz was my attempt
to head off questions. Instead of keeping the quiz description short
and allowing discussion, I've attempted to try and answer everything
about the quiz in the initial description, which makes it look much
more involved than it needs to be. And really, I shouldn't be
attempting to head off questions... half the fun is the discussion
that follows.

Okay, I think what I'll do is take this same quiz and rewrite it for
tomorrow, and we'll try it again. (This will be easier to rewrite than
the Food Database quiz, which I'm still considering how to break
down.)