Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the first public release of RubyJS (a Ruby to
Javascript compiler) and the availability of RubyJS as a RubyGem:

   gem install rubyjs

   rubyjs -h

     Usage: rubyjs_gen [options] [file, [file, ...]]
         -r, --require LIBRARY            Require the LIBRARY before
                                          executing your script
         -I, --load-path DIRECTORY        Specifies load path
         -P, --platform PLATFORM          Specifies platform
         -m, --main CLASSNAME             Entry point
         -e, --eval STRING                Eval code
         -a, --append JSCODE              Append Javascript code
         -o, --output FILE                Filename to write output to
         -O, --opt OPTION                 Set a specific compiler option
             --show-options               Show all compiler options
         -d, --debug                      Turn on debug mode
         -h, --help                       Show this message

To see it "live", execute it's test-suite inside your browser:

   http://www.ntecs.de/projects/rubyjs/test/browser.test.html

Or go to it's project page (where you can't see much atm):

   http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyjs

Right now there are only two (small) examples (which you can find in the
examples/ directory of the distribution):

   http://www.ntecs.de/projects/rubyjs/examples/hw/index.html
   http://www.ntecs.de/projects/rubyjs/examples/ex1/index.html

The generated Javascript code has been tested on a variety of browsers,
including Firefox 2.x, Opera 9, Internet Explorer 7, Safari 3 (and
Safari 2, Konqueror in the past). It even runs on a mobile phone as
is demonstrated here:

   http://www.ntecs.de/blog/articles/2008/04/10/rubyjs-goes-mobile

There is a Google Summer of Code project application (which I hope will
be accepted), whose plan is to port Google Web Toolkit to RubyJS.

Best regards,

   Michael