On Apr 4, 6:47 pm, Matthew Moss <matthew.m... / gmail.com> wrote:

> Quiz #159
> Guardian of Middle-earth

[snip]

> *** Your task this week will be to analyze the combat log and provide
> some statistics on attack types and creatures fought. ***
>
> What kind of statistics? At the least, you should include average
> damage inflicted per creature, and also average damage per attack
> type. As an example, your report might look like this:

Pardon me if I appear to be speaking for the others, but to me this is
one of the distracting `features' of the quiz lately--vague problem
formulation.  Personally, I have just too much of this stuff at
work. :-)

To me, the appeal of the quiz is that problems are clearly formulated
and can be solved in reasonable time.  Also, put it one way or the
other--the quiz is like a challenge, and it's always interesting to
see how your solution compares to what others have come up with.  When
the problem statement is that vague, it's not very likely that anyone
can reasonably compare his solution with any other one...

Please come back to short, clearly stated quizzies, and I believe most
of us will participate with great enthusiasm! :-)

--
Hope this helps,
Alex