On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Tim Hunter <TimHunter / nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Kyle Schmitt wrote:
> > With that mindset they made possibly the best web-friendly docs I've ever
> seen.
>  I'm curious. Who is "they"? Who wrote these docs? The PHP developers? The
> PHP community? Professionals? What was their incentive? What was their
> reward?

I suppose I'm using they as the amorphous PHP
developers/community/whoever wrote them. :)

One thing to remember about the PHP docs, is that there is a post
section associated with each page of the documentation.  People who
write PHP code for a living, and people who write PHP itself often
post bugs, possible gotchas, more detailed examples, and corrections
in that area.  Newbs and amateur PHP coders often pose questions as to
the usage of those functions in that same area, and often get
the main docs periodically.

--Kyle