Todd Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Clement Ow
> <clement.ow / asia.bnpparibas.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Thanks for the prompt reply, 7student and Robert =) But while
>>  transferring files, it does take a significant amount time though, so
>>  the primary reason does not lie in the arrray?
>
> Yes, that's correct.
>
>> If so, is there any way I
>> can quicken the process of transferring files?
>
> I don't think this is a Ruby problem.  Possibly network and/or program?
>
> Though it has little, if anything, to do with your original post; is
> there a good reason to include a sub-directory in the same recursive
> listing (I'm looking at C:/movtest/testing and
> C:/movtest/testing/new)?  Just a side question.
This is just for testing purposes.

Apparently, the script fails to run only when I try to move files.
Copying files using the cp_r command seems to be working fine though.
Reckon it has got to do with the 'Read Only' option when i click on the
folder's properties. But then again, when i tried to check randomly any
folder on my local disk, it all shows that it's 'Read Only' and that I
have access permission to modify anything. (i cant uncheck the 'Read
Only' option though)hmmm, does this mean i cant delete folders and files
if this still happens? Pretty wierd since im the administrator here..