Song Ma wrote:
> This is the insightful point I was expecting after following such a  long
> mail chain. Now I am implementing one Rails application which requires to be
> supported by both MRI (1.8.5) and JRuby (1.0.3, compatible with MRI 1.8.5).
> I found so many inconsistencies between these two "Ruby". (Or Rubies?). Even
> the MRI test cases can not pass in JRuby. That's painful.  I remembered
> Charles Nutter asked Matz in RubyConf 2007 if there is going to have any
> specification for Ruby. But apparently it doesn't happen.

There are partial test suites/specs out there, but probably no single
one that's "definitive". I haven't heard much about the BFTS (Big Formal
Test Suite) recently.

The last rumor I heard was that the "canonical" Ruby test suite was most
likely going to come out of the Rubinius project. Can someone confirm or
deny that? I haven't been tracking Rubinius recently.