hm, let me re-phrase... I only have 9 items in that array, right?  How
do I make the program continue through the array no matter how many
items are in it without having to go and edit the array that comes after
c_list?

~~temp_array.push c_list[0..2].join(' pets || ') + (' pets ||') +
"\n"

Like, say I added 3 more cities to the end of c_list, but I don't want
to have to add

~~temp_array.push c_list[9..11].join(' pets || ') + (' pets ||') +
"\n"

to the program. How can I make it cycle through the whole array without
having to edit c_list[number..number]? Is there a way to automate that,
so I only have to add cities to c_list without having to add more code?

And thanks, I've already found Mr. Pine's Learn To Program site and the
Poignant Guide.. :-) They've been a big help. I've tried to learn other
programming languages, but Ruby's been the easiest for me to understand.