On Apr 8, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Jeremy McAnally wrote:
> They were most likely written by those paid by Zend and Yahoo.
>
> --Jeremy
>
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Tim Hunter <TimHunter / nc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>> Kyle Schmitt wrote:
>>
>>> Php's docs are good, really good.  But I always felt that it's
>>> because
>>> it's a domain specific language.
>>>
>>> It lives, breaths and is a web language.  Sure, you can use it as
>>> general purpose, but it was designed for the web.
>>> With that mindset they made possibly the best web-friendly docs
>>> I've ever
>> seen.
>>>

>> I'm curious. Who is "they"? Who wrote these docs? The PHP
>> developers? The
>> PHP community? Professionals? What was their incentive? What was
>> their
>> reward?

And there are no similar companies who would either profit from or be
helped by superior Ruby documentation? Everyone from IBM to Sun to
Apple to (even) Microsoft now have stakes in Ruby. All the Rails-
centric hosting services are stakeholders. Surely they are as invested
if not more so than Zend and/or Yahoo in the early days of PHP.