On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:50 PM, BENI <rajib.chakrabarti / googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  i detail out an issue i am facing while trying to read messages from
>  outlook via a windows service.
>
>  The goal of the code is to scan outlook inbox every 10 minutes and if
>  any specified  file attachment is found ... save it.
>
>  The code will be installed as an windows service and scan for the
>  email automatically.
>
>  The service code is fine and runs in background as well but as I call
>  outlook via  win32ole from the service mainloop it does not give me
>  the inbox with any item.

Hi,

quick hint without reading your code: do you have permissions to read
the mailbox?
Or, are you really reading the mailbox you think you are reading?

Usually services run under SYSTEM account, so you may have to change
it to run under
you user account to read your mails. Alternatively, you can use runas
command to exec script under different account.

J.