>     TMTOWDI is bad
>
> In other words, I'll be objective, so long as objective means judging
> things according to my own lack of imagination.

Ok, don't kill me for this, and I do disagree with most of the article
(I personally found Ruby more coherent and therefore simple, and I see
many things are improving (speed, regexp, etc...) so I am happy with
that).

However I did sympathise with the author's comment on having too many
ways to do the same thing. They pretty much mirror my feelings: that
you either learn them all (in which case you lost in simplicity) or
you'll have a very hard time reading other people's code. I admit
though that it makes _writing_ code easier.

I know however that the Ruby community is strongly in favour of this
"feature", so I was wondering why.

Diego