On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 5:05 AM, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:

> > >  Note though that "logistical" != "logical" - two quite different pairs of shoes. :-)

> > That's being a little nitpicky.
>  Absolutely!
> > I think either word works in this
> > case, but I understand what you meant :-)

>  If by "works" you mean "can be understood" then, yes.  If you say that the
> word can be placed there from a language point of view, also yes.  I do
> believe though that "logistically" is semantically misplaced here. :-))

As long as we're being pedantic.

logical |ljikl|
adjective
of or according to the rules of logic or formal argument : a logical
impossibility.
 characterized by clear, sound reasoning : the information is
displayed in a simple and logical fashion.
 (of an action, development, decision, etc.) natural or sensible
given the circumstances : it is a logical progression from the job
before.
 capable of clear rational thinking : her logical mind.
DERIVATIVES
logically |-ik()l| |ldk()li| adverb : such a situation is
logically impossible.

logistics |ljistiks; l-|
plural noun [treated as sing. or pl. ]
the detailed coordination of a complex operation involving many
people, facilities, or supplies : the logistics and costs of a
vaccination campaign.
 Military the organization of moving, housing, and supplying troops
and equipment.
 the commercial activity of transporting goods to customers : [as
modifier ] Germany's largest beverage logistics organization.

logistic |ljistik; l-|
adjective
of or relating to logistics : logistic problems.
DERIVATIVES
logistically |-tik()l| |ldst1k()li| adverb

So can't see how "logistically false" is meaningful without a lot of stretching.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/