ara.t.howard wrote:
> there are many easy ways to handle this
>
> i don't know what you mean by 'string function'  but:

Thanks for your response. All I mean by 'string function' is a bit of
code that produces a string. Using my example, 'person.name' and
'person.name.upcase' are different string functions. I don't know if I'm
using the right terminology, but that's what I mean. If I was to define
all of these 'string functions' as individual methods, it would be a lot
of additional hard code and I would still have these method names locked
into the db.