I'm new to RoR and I am trying to figure out how to use user input from
a text field as a parameter in a query. I know this is probably simple
but I have been messing around with it for a while and can't figuire it
out.

The controller has this method:
  def search
    @events = Event.find(:all, :order => 'date DESC',
        :conditions => ['title=?',titleinput])

    respond_to do |format|
      format.html
      format.xml { render :xml => @events }

and the view:
<form action='/events/search' method='post'>
     <input id='event_title' name='titleinput' size='30' type='text'
value=''/>
    <input type='submit' value='Search'/>
</form>

I know this is probably completely wrong but I couldn't figure out how
to use the variable from the form in the query in the controller.

Thanks for any help.
Ben