On Apr 4, 12:43 am, Tim Hunter <TimHun... / nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Luis Lavena wrote:
> > Hello List,
>
> > I'm happy to announce that huge progress (hack-a-ton) was made this
> > weekend to bring a new implementation of One-Click Installer for
> > Windows!
>
> Just in one evening I've been able to get everything installed and built
> and use the resulting version of Ruby to build RMagick. Very nice!

Wow, thats excellent news! Is great to know that RMagick works on
this!

> I had to scratch my head a bit before I figured out what changes I
> needed to make to my PATH but other than that everything went very smoothly.

Hehehe, yeah, it still lacks a bit of *cough* documentation *cough* :-

These recipes will be used to create One-Click Ruby Installer and also
the Developer Kit I commented in my blog [1]

The idea is those gem developers or users that requires compilation in
any sort, can download and get a developement compiler more faster
than figure out MinGW setup and all that pain :-P

> This says good things about...well...everything, actually. Good work,
> Luis, and thanks! I'm looking forward to being able to rely on this
> environment for Ruby on Windows.

Thank you!, I'm looking forward for this too!

Next step involves the creation of Windows Installers to be a real
"one-click" installation solution ;-)

[1] http://blog.mmediasys.com/2008/03/29/progress-of-one-click-installer-rubyinstaller

Thank you for your time, kind words and perseverance!
--
Luis Lavena