On Mar 21, 1:26     쮮
> One of the most important roles of code blocks is to serve as closures
That is what I was going for.  Thank you for your solution!

> You'd have to do something equivalent to the familiar:
>   class Object
>     def singleton_class
>       class << self
>         self
>       end
>     end
>   end

Though I more or less understand what that is doing, it's not
"familiar" to me.  Can you tell me name of that idiom or point me in
the direction of where it is discussed?

I do understand that if I simply do something like

my_instance.class.define_method :name do
 # blah blah
end

Then 'name' will be defined for all instances of the class and not
just for the few instances that I want.

Thanks again.

<off_topic_rant>
I wish Google Groups would send email notification to threads I
participate in by default.  So many times I forget that I even posted
until months later.
</off_topic_rant>