Michal Suchanek wrote:

> Perhaps if you could make the framework so that multiple servers can
> be set up in rotation people could host the thing from their DSL lines
> or such. Still you need to set up the rotation, though.

This could be tricky to set up... but I think you have a good idea here.
What about making a web-based multiplayer game that communicates
entierly peer to peer? That's how most of the fat client online games
work... the server let's meet and chat with people to set up a game
with. Once the game starts, each player's computer talks directly to the
other player's computers and not to the server.

Does anyone here know of this already being done in a Flash or Java
web-based game? I think it could be done, although it would probably be
difficult.