On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Clement Ow
<clement.ow / asia.bnpparibas.com> wrote:
> I want to use each index of the array and loop it in such a way that the
>  path names can be passed into Dir so that i can carry out multiple
>  copies from different sources. unfortunately, it showed error while
>  trying to run the script. Any suggestions?
>

>  $DEST="U:/test1"
>
>  source=["C:/movtest/testing", "C:/movtest", "U:/movtest",
>  "U:/movtest/new", "U:/movtest/new1"]
>  j=source.length - 1
>  i= -1
>
>  while i<j
>
>  Dir.chdir(source[i])
>  print Dir.getwd
>  FileUtils.cp_r Dir.glob('2008*'), $DEST
>  i+=1
>
>  end
>  --

You seem to get confused with the indexes, but the idiomatic Ruby code
would rather look like

dest = "u:/..."
sources = %w{ c:/movetest/testing c:/ ... } # unless you have spaces
in the pathes
sources.each do | source |
   Dir.chdir source
   puts source
   FileUtiles.cp_r Dir.glob(...), dest # if this is what you really want
end

HTH
Robert
--