On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Exactly.  With regard to all that we've learned about the issue at
>  hand a DB seems overkill here.  KISS

I admit, I tend to like using a sledgehammer to turn a machine screw,
but in that respect, I'm usually thinking of scalability and data
integrity.

When I said "there's a time and place for this", "this" was referring
to the various forms of flat file storage.

With this particular situation, I would probably go with YAML, and
migrate to a database if need be (which shouldn't be that hard,
depending on how deeply nested the data is).

Todd