Hello,

I am new to Ruby and I am currently creating a webpage which lists bug
*stats* information for various development teams. Each team is
represented on the page with an image.
When a team's link is clicked, I want 2 things to happen:

1) Javascript needs to call the displayLogo() method to handle visual
effects
2) Ruby needs to call the loadCustomLinks() method to display a link

Current Behavior:  When a team link is clicked, the javascript effects
appear
                   and then disappear, followed by the display of the
team's
                   custom link.

Expected Behavior: When a team link is clicked, I want the javascript
effects
                   to STAY active after the custom link is displayed.

I expect that my issue is more related to Javascript than to Ruby, but I
also want to make sure that I am using good Ruby programming
practices...

Any help is appreciated,

JT

<code>
#
home_controller.rb------------------------------------------------------------

class HomeController < ApplicationController
  layout 'mainLayout'

  def index
  end

  def loadCustomLinks
      @team_links = "<a href='#' style='color:white'> Special Team Link
                           </a>"

# javascript
(embedded)---------------------------------------------------------

function displayLogo(name)
{
  // De-select last selected item
  document.images[lastName].src = "/images/" + lastName + ".png";

  // Highlight team icon
  document.images[name].src = "/images/" + name + "_hover.png";

  // Activate team banner
  document.images["logo"].src = "/images/logo_" + name + ".png";

  // Re-activate siteBanner (TEMP FIX)
  document.images["siteBanner"].src = "/images/logo_dashboard.png";

  // Set lastName
  lastName = name;

} // end displayLogo()

#layout.rhtml

<%= link_to(image_tag('/images/banner_team1.png',
    :id => 'bannerImgAlign', :name => 'banner_team1',
    :style => 'border:0', :onclick => 'displayLogo("banner_team1")'),
    :action => 'loadCustomLinks') %>

</code>