El Domingo, 30 de Marzo de 2008, Ben Aroia escribió:
> I am going to be using a simple ip limiting system on a site I'm working
> on and using php you can get the remote ip simply by calling something
> like
> <?php echo $REMOTE_ADDR; ?>
> Is there a similar method in ruby? I am not using rails, not supported
> on the server I'm using. Thanks

That depends on the Ruby web server you are using. The source IP is obtained
from the connection Ruby socket (if Ruby handles the conecction) but if you
are using a web server that is the responsible of handling the TCP connection
and providing the origin address:port in form of variable and so.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo