On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Damjan Rems <d_rems / yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I wish parameters can be omited when calling methods with parameter
>  which have default values set and is (are) in the middle ro begining of
>  the parameter set.

I have already replied once and I thought and still think that
something like mymethod(2, ,3) looks kind of ugly.
But since then I took a look at Python and I like how it works with
default parameters and default values:

>  Example:
>
>  def myMethod(a=1, b=2, c=3)
>  end

You can call myMethod(b=5) and the other default values aren't
changed. I think this looks more beautyful than leaving empty space
between commas.
Ruby 1.9 supports named parameters, but I don't know anything about
it. Just take a look at it and see if it does what you want.
You can still work with hashes:
def myMethod(opts = {})
  defaults = {:a => 1, :b => 2, :c=> 3}
  opts = defaults.merge(opts)