From: Bernard Delm˝Ă [mailto:bdelmee / advalvas.ZAPME.be]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 11:35 AM
To: ruby-talk ML; undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [ruby-talk:29576] Re: Need windows extension dll help

> Can I ask a stupid question?  Which of these ports use X windows (if any)
> and which use msvcrt (if any)?  I have been trying to build ruby-gtk with
> the Tor Lillqvist port of gtk to msvcrt (in order to avoid the X server in
> standalone app).  Do any of these ports do the same?

I don't think any of these requires X11 at all; look under those 2 dirs:
    http://www.ruby-lang.org/~eban/ruby/binaries/mingw/ext/
    http://www.ruby-lang.org/~eban/ruby/binaries/cygwin/ext/
I *think* the gtk dll's are the same, whereas the ruby module probably
depends on msvcrt in the mingw version, and on cygwin1.dll for the other
one.
Corresponding builds of the ruby interpreter itself are available in the
same
directories. I believe the pragprog distro bundles this very cygwin binary.
If that's what you use, downloading the two gtk*.tar.gz from the 2nd link
above should be all you need.