James Tucker wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2008, at 17:52, James Britt wrote:
>> Luis Lavena wrote:
>>

>>> ... but most
>>> of the Ruby developers that works on projects (Web frameworks or
>>> tools) decided for Git instead of anything else.
>>
>> Data, please.
>
> http://github.com/repositories

How does that compare to the total number of Ruby projects being done by
everyone, everywhere?

> http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123

All I see is a collection representing  some small slice of available
Ruby blogs.

> And checkout how many mentionings of git in your local ruby news
> archive....

That would be zero.  :)

>> I keep reading amazing assertion about how "most Rubyists do this" and
>> "everyone's doing that", but never anything to suggest these are mere
>> guesses based on selective experiences in specific corners of the vast
>> Ruby universe.
>
> Generally comes from the blogosphere impression I'd imagine. That is, if
> they haven't stopped looking at the ruby aggregation feeds because of
> the large volumes of off-topic stuff coming from some places...

Selection bias.

It would be interesting to have an accurate picture of what tools
Rubyists are using.

--
James Britt

http://www.rubyaz.org         - Hacking in the Desert