On 26 mar, 14:48, "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:39 AM, rogerdpack wrote:
>
> > I think very useful would be a mingw build of ruby that included some
> > popular gems pre-built (that is...<cough> mongrel, sqlite, mysql,
> > maybe ruby-debug).  Assuming that those gems only need to be compiled
> > in mingw and it works like a charm.
>
> but, if you have ruby and mingw installed all you need to do to
> install these is 'gem install sqlite', etc.  i compiled the gsl this
> way and it was a peice of cake.  ruby + compiler = joy.

That's the idea! Since I'll not be able to build every gem for ruby
out there, make it easy or put a familiar environment that users than
run for themselves.

That also requires that the gems you're talking about consider Windows
(VC or MinGW or whatever) as something valid to get it up and running
with it.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena