On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 03:56:57AM +0900, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Are the ruby examples reasonably correct? I'm trying to line up real
> benchmarks to test Parrot's performance against, and if these are at least
> OK it'd make my life a bit easier.

There are a few problems with some of the tests (for example, the word
count tests don't always follow the rules, particularly with regard to
buffering), but for the most part the tests are correct and produce the
correct output.  They are also almost as optimized as they will ever be
(using tricks like for..in instead of each(), omitting the return
keyword, etc.).

Paul