------art_14024_10700384.1206451247741

Although I have been using Ruby for awhile, I am really a beginner as I use
it very sporadically and depend much on my books and the forum.
In the recent past, while trying to learn a GUI tool, I tried writing simple
GUI appls using ruby-gnome2, WxRuby, QtRuby, FXRuby, Tk and WideStudio. Only
the last one gives you dragANDdrop capabilities, although the widgets looks
and feel are not appealing. Then I heard that *JRuby* has built-in GUI
support via *swing*. To confuse me even more (and believe me it does not
take much for that), now I heard about a tool named *clutter* which is
supposedly very nice.
I am actually looking for *quick* and *easy *way to create a GUI appl.

My questions are:

What are the pros and cons of *Ruby* vs *JRuby*?
How far behind "regular" *Ruby* *JRuby* is?
Since *Ruby* is written in *C* and *JRuby* in *Java* isn't *Ruby* faster
than *JRuby*?
Other than *swing* in *JRuby* is there any advantage of using *JRuby*
over *Ruby?
*I guess this is related to question 1.

Thank you

Victor