On Mar 24, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Thomas Preymesser wrote:
> it does not find " Summary: roo can access the contents of
> OpenOffice-,
> Excel- or Google-Spreadsheets" if i search for 'spreadsheet'.

Yes, this is a limitation of the tokenizer in ferret. If you type in
spreadsheet* you will get the results you expect (I think). I'm
considering making wildcard searching the default, but many developers
feel that they are "smart enough" to tweak their own searches, which
is why I left it with default behavior initially.

roo contains the word Spreadsheets, but it is in the context "Google-
Spreadsheets", so it is not tokenized as Google, Spreadsheet but
rather as "Google-Spreadsheet". Similarly, for spreadsheet-excel, the
tokenizer kills it.

If you are looking for the most results, use a wildcard at either end
(*spreadsheet*). If you think you're close, but not sure, use fuzzy
matching (spreadsheet~), and refine your searches like this:
spreadsheet~ AND open*.

--steve