On Mar 24, 5:54 pm, rogerdpack <rogerpack2... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that binary gems don't work only because they install their
> binary aspect into the wrong directory (and, if you have the newer
> versions of rubygems, auto-install a version which doesn't exist so
> you'd need to specify you want the win32 gem).  Once you install it
> you can easily copy the .so's to the right directory and they will
> 'probably' work just fine.

Not that, RubyGems consider each platform by it's own. I snot the same
darwin8 to cygwin, so mingw32 shouldn't be considered a compatible
match to mswin32.

In a overlooked way you could be correct, but that is too simplistic
way to look things. When you start seeing errors due exception thrown
inside shared object we can find several and big issues.

Consider that the code generated by VC6 is not the same MinGW
generates. It even differs in several places on how it do things.

> Note that mongrel works if you do this then just go into mongrel.rb
> and change their 'win32' regexes to be win32|mingw

The gems mongrel provides right now are tested for mswin32. Now that
this build of mingw32 seems a good candidate for replacement, I'll try
to fix as much as possible the code related to this on the project I
contribute back.

But again, without overlooking at the important issues behind this :-D

> Good luck!

Thank you Roger, I'll really need it ;-)

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena