>  I also read some of the advanced coding, and even though I can't
> understand half of it I found it pleasureable to read.

Dont worry too much about understanding everything. If it is too
complicated, then ask whether you even need it right now.
In its core, ruby is short and very beautiful. My favourite rule of
thumb is that the more you write (in ruby) the shorter and more elegant
a solution gets (of course this is not always true, and complex problems
will still be harder to solve elegantly and in a concise manner than
simple problems, but you get the point)

If one wants to be confused, one can listen to an explanation of a
Haskell coder - what are Monads and more important why this is important
to know. :>