I fixed it.  I didn't have the gem declaration:
require 'rubygems'
gem 'soap4r'

At the top of environment.rb

Blake Miller wrote:
> I installed soap4r as a gem as specified on that soap4r page, and now 
> when I start my site I get.  When I installed soap4r, I DID include 
> dependencies:
> 
> blake-millers-power-mac-g5:trunk bmiller$ script/server
> ./script/../config/boot.rb:29:Warning: require_gem is obsolete.  Use gem 
> instead.
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:478:in 
> `const_missing': uninitialized constant XSD::NS::KNOWN_TAG (NameError)
>   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/soap4r-1.5.8/lib/soap/ns.rb:18
>   from 
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in 
> `gem_original_require'
>   from 
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in 
> `require'
>   from 
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in 
> `require'
>   from 
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:343:in 
> `new_constants_in'
>   from 
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in 
> `require'
>   from 
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/soap4r-1.5.8/lib/soap/generator.rb:10
>   from 
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in 
> `gem_original_require'
>    ... 47 levels...
>   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:61:in `require_gem'
>   from ./script/../config/boot.rb:29
>   from script/server:2:in `require'
>   from script/server:2

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.