M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Diego Bernardes wrote:
>> What is the best way to get a really nice gui in ruby?
>>
>> Opengl? Flex? Air now is going to Linux, maybe a alternative, i like
>> Opengl but i think its alot complicated, have any other good one that i
>> dont know? cairo?..?
>>

>> Thanks
>
> Well ... define "really nice GUI" ... :) :)
>
> Seriously, most of the toolkits will do the common things and require
> similar levels of coding effort. But since you mention OpenGL, I'm
> assuming you want something involving 3D and motion.

Things like this:
http://screenfashion.org/the_wiinstrument_on_leopard.png
Nice colors, animations, blur...
This application is build on top of Gosu, im making a game with gosu too
so i know a little of it, gonna give it a try

Im tired of the same look app all the time, year after year...

I think the only way its opengl or air(flash/javascript), im gonna use
flash because its more easy XD if it dont do what i want to do i switch
to opengl >.< to use flash with ruby its with the AMF protocol right?
the rubyamf? anyone already used it?

Among the normal toolkits (gtk,qt,wx,...) i really like Shoes, have some
nice features from Processing and NodeBox and have a nice coding, i
liked alot :)