On Mar 23, 7:19 am, Robert Klemme <shortcut... / googlemail.com> wrote:
> > But just as some people prefer to use "def self.foo", it's nice to use
> > module level methods like #class_attr_accessor.  That's were #meta
> > comes in as generalized form rather than defining class level
> > equivalents for all possible methods.
>
> I see.  Thanks for the enlightenment.

Honestly, I'm not all that keen about the method. I'm not sure what it
is about it that bothers me --I can't quite put my finger on it. Which
is why I've brought this topic up. But then I consider the
alternative, defining a set of convenience methods:

  class_attr
  class_attr_reader
  class_attr_writer
  class_attr_accessor
  class_alias_method
  class_remove_method
  class_undef_method

And as much as any one of those suits me just fine, it seems very
wasteful to define so many when one method does the job.

T.