Robert Klemme wrote:
> On 22.03.2008 08:00, Sean Allen wrote:
>> Anything like Python's ZODB for Ruby?
>> I found madeleine but a prevayler type system isnt really what I'm
>> looking for.
>>
>> Pointers to projects, urls etc would be great.
>
> I am not familiar with the full feature set of ZODB but depending on
> what you need PStore might be what you are looking for.  Basically it's
> a transactional wrapper around Marshal.
>
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/pstore/rdoc/index.html

I don't think that's what Sean is looking for (PStore's not an object
db), but if it is, he might want to take a look at fsdb instead, which
does what PStore does, but lets you treat a file tree as a hash, is
thread safe (not just process safe), has pluggable file types (not just
Marshal, but YAML, String, etc.), and other features.

http://redshift.sourceforge.net/fsdb/