Hi --

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Daniel Finnie wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I really dislike these language features turned methods, I just
> assumed that super() would be the same as super

I understand what you mean, though I think it pays to think of super
as a keyword that finds a method, rather than a method itself. The
idea of super, without the (), is sort of like: Do what we're
currently doing all over again, but using the next highest definition.
So it's a kind of recapitulation, arguments and all.

David

--
Upcoming Rails training from David A. Black and Ruby Power and Light:
   ADVANCING WITH RAILS, April 14-17 2008, New York City