On Mar 20, 5:52 pm, Michal Suchanek <hramr... / centrum.cz> wrote:

> Well, I consider myself sort of developer but I haven't used Rake so far.

I'm just used to do every repetitive task with Rake and I think other
developers will agree.

Anyway, I don't feel very happy with the layout I got for this
project, since the separated task for every dependency are over-
engineered :-P

> That's why the script would be helpful ;-)

Hmm, a script that just fire 'rake' don't sound too useful :-P

> I do not get a download timeout or it is quite well obfuscated at
> least. I get slow download of packages one after another and then I
> get something like:
>
> execution timed out
> rake aborted

The error message you get can vary, that depends on the sourceforge
mirror you got. sorry about that.

The idea is that you don't need to download the sources package again
unless you 'clobber' or nuke your downloads directory (rake clean will
only clean the sandbox)

> I installed the OCI but did not do anything to put the ruby bin
> directory into my path, and the installer did not do it either. There
> must be a zlib1.dll somewhere in your system but there's none in mine.
> It is quite common so it might be installed by some other software.

If the installer didn't add Ruby\bin into the PATH then you're running
without administrative privileges or something like that.

I just added a README.txt file that roughly indicates zlib1.dll as
requirement.

> Yes, I tried some tasks until I was sure there's nothing that does not
> produce any error but it might be that executing the tasks out of
> order leaves some fallout.

To make you happy: the Rakefile now have a defaults (recipes/
defaults.rake) that:

download,
extract,
prepare,
configure,
compile and
install

The Ruby MinGW build into sandbox/ruby_mingw

Both changes are available in the bazaar branch and inside the zip
file.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena