> but you can make the caller send in an extra argument, putting its
> description/ID/Name there.

Of course i can, i just *don't want* to do this. For example, imagine i
want to access a database table that (by -> convention <-) has the same
name of a class. Imagine i have a DBHelper class that contains a
DBHelper#find method used to find records on the database. if
DBHelper#find is called from a Ball object i want to lookup on the
"ball" table, it it's called from a Cube object i want to search the
"cube" table, etc. This is just the simplest usage that came to my mind,
but i guess there are hundreds. Obviously, i can implement DBHelper#find
in a way like this:

def find(table_name = "", criteria = {})

and call it like this:

find(self.class.to_s, {:id => 5})

It is just *not what i want to do*.

So, coming back to my question, is there a simple way to get the wanted
class name, without haveing to parse Kernel#caller?

Thanks.