On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Luis Lavena <luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 18, 12:27 am, mt <mutahhir.... / gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hey guys,
>  >
>  >    I wonder if you could help me out with this,
>  >
>  > The situation is:
>  >   Compiled Ruby 1.8.6 myself using MSVC8
>  >   Downloaded SQLite3 and placed the headers and libraries in the
>  > proper locations (atleast i think so)
>
>  Did you set INCLUDE and LIB to add these files? or you just drop them
>  into INCLUDE and LIB of your compiler?

Dropped them into the include and lib.

>  >   Ran the sqlite3-ruby gem and it's happy, everything seems fine
>  >   Testing creating a DB in irb causes it to throw up a MSCVRT8-
>  > ruby18.dll missing error.
>
>  It seems you're trying to use the pre-built windows gem instead of
>  compile from source... If you had RubyGems 1.0.1 installed, that
>  should happen :)
>
>  the pre-built SQlite gem is built with VC6 and linked to standard ruby
>  runtime (MSVCRT-RUBY18.DLL)
>
>  >   Recompiled ruby, but the compilation process only creates MSCVR8-
>  > ruby18.dll (missing T)
>  >   If anyone has an idea to fix this, great! please tell me how.
>  >
>  >   So, i think, maybe its SQLite3-ruby at fault, so i'll recompile it.
>  >   Download the sources, create a sqlite3.lib
>  >   Download the sqlite3-ruby sources, and try compiling it using my
>  > compiler
>  >   Nags on
>  >     BLOB already defined in (something)_types.h, basically i think its
>  > related to winsock2.h
>  >

>  I've already reported this problem:
>
>  http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=10761&group_id=254&atid=1045
>
>  >   Anyone dealt with this before?
>
>  Yes, been there, done that, failed too :-)
>
>  You will require to build everything from scratch for make Ruby VC8
>  build to work properly. That includes sqlite3 DLL itself, since it
>  links to a different runtime than your Ruby interpreter. Search the
>  list for MSVCRT VC6 and VC8 issues.

Sorry, I don't understand. I did build everything from scratch, and
the last BLOB error was occuring whilst i was trying to create
Sqlite3-ruby, where sqlite3.lib had been compiled by myself on my
compiler. It just seems to me a sort of precedence issue, that if
somehow, we could exclude certain libraries from the compilation
process, we'd be fine....

Regards,
MT