On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Oniram Atila <oniram / gmail.com> wrote:
> in this link he say "I also forgot to set my vcvars32.bat" what this is?
>  i=B4m using windows xp
>
>  Jano Svitok wrote:
>  > On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Oniram Atila <oniram / gmail.com> wrote=
:

> >>  Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of
>  >>  necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for mor=
>  >>  details.  You may need configuration options.
>  >
>  > Does this help?
>  > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/126484

Without any knowledge of Interbase itself:

To successfully compile the extension you'll need:

1. development enviroment - C compiler, make tool etc. - if you want
to use the extension with the one-click installer,
you need either VC6 or mingw. If you don't have VC6 already, it's hard
to obtain. There's a free VC8 out there, but it won't work.
Mingw is free.

2. libraries and headers for interbase - I won't help you here.

To compile from command line with VC6, there's a batch file called
vcvars32.bat that sets the required environment (search paths, include
paths, etc.).
So you basically start cmd, run vcvars32 and then you are prepared to
compile the extension by calling mkmf or whatever is needed.

J.