On Mar 18, 12:27 am, mt <mutahhir.... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>    I wonder if you could help me out with this,
>
> The situation is:
>   Compiled Ruby 1.8.6 myself using MSVC8
>   Downloaded SQLite3 and placed the headers and libraries in the
> proper locations (atleast i think so)

Did you set INCLUDE and LIB to add these files? or you just drop them
into INCLUDE and LIB of your compiler?

>   Ran the sqlite3-ruby gem and it's happy, everything seems fine
>   Testing creating a DB in irb causes it to throw up a MSCVRT8-
> ruby18.dll missing error.

It seems you're trying to use the pre-built windows gem instead of
compile from source... If you had RubyGems 1.0.1 installed, that
should happen :)

the pre-built SQlite gem is built with VC6 and linked to standard ruby
runtime (MSVCRT-RUBY18.DLL)

>   Recompiled ruby, but the compilation process only creates MSCVR8-
> ruby18.dll (missing T)
>   If anyone has an idea to fix this, great! please tell me how.
>
>   So, i think, maybe its SQLite3-ruby at fault, so i'll recompile it.
>   Download the sources, create a sqlite3.lib
>   Download the sqlite3-ruby sources, and try compiling it using my
> compiler
>   Nags on
>     BLOB already defined in (something)_types.h, basically i think its
> related to winsock2.h

I've already reported this problem:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=10761&group_id=254&atid=1045

>   Anyone dealt with this before?

Yes, been there, done that, failed too :-)

You will require to build everything from scratch for make Ruby VC8
build to work properly. That includes sqlite3 DLL itself, since it
links to a different runtime than your Ruby interpreter. Search the
list for MSVCRT VC6 and VC8 issues.

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena