On Mar 18, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Martin DeMello wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 8:20 PM, s.ross <cwdinfo / gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://gemmy.calicowebdev.com
>>
>> It's only running on one mongrel and I've done little to optimize it.
>> The searching is performed using ferret. Comments welcome on this as
>> well.
>>
>> Currently searchable fields are gem name, author, and description. If
>> this seems like a bright idea, I'll probably add user annotations and
>> tags for starters and make them searchable as well.
>
> I don't understand the results it gives me for 'gtk'
>
> martin

Gtk is a bit of a special case. Anyone who understands ferret, please
chime in here. My understanding is that shorter words tend to get less
weight. I get one hit for "gtk" and two for "*gtk*". I'd like to
improve this kind of case. Part of this is how the gems are named and
part that the string is short. Again, if anyone knows ferret and has
suggestions, I'm all ears.