Damjan Rems wrote:
> As I understand RMagick2.so is unable to load libMagickWand.so.1 which
> only points to libMagickWand.so. I have tried all kind of options
> including copying libMagickWand.so from /usr/local/lib to
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-2.2.2/lib. But nothing helps.

Ubuntu doesn't look in the gems path for libMagickWand.so. It only looks
in its own load path, so copying libMagickWand.so there won't help. You
have to tell Ubuntu where to search for libMagickWand.so. See if this
tip helps: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html#loaderror.

If that doesn't work, post a question on the RMagick Help forum on
RubyForge and I'll follow up when I get home.