On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:11 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:

> Okay, so I figured out it doesn't work without accepting a cookie (a
> misfeature, in my opinion).  There's also the problem that there's
> no way
> to link directly to a given search, as far as I can tell.

Yeah, there's really no reason it needs to set a cookie right now.
But... I'm thinking there may be a need in the future for session
storage and that will require cookies.

Regarding linking to a given search, I'm pretty sure I don't
understand... do you mean like a permalink to a given result set?

> Is there some reason that a blank Find field shows 25 results?

Programmer decision :) I decided to make a blank field equal to * and
only show 25 results at a time. Again, I had to take a stab at it, and
that was my initial take.

> I like having an online gem search tool with a clean interface like
> this.

Thanks. I was totally blown away by what I learned by spielunking the
gems just a little with this search. I hope it's as much fun for
others as it is for me.

Please let me know if you have other thoughts on this.