On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 12:20:54PM +0900, s.ross wrote:
> It occurred to me that the way I was finding Gems was by making notes
> of what I saw coming across this list and various other disorganized
> ways. That didn't seem too bright and searching RubyForge didn't
> always turn things up as I expected. So, having a dull hour or two, I
> cobble a browser together.
>
> Obviously, this is a really crude attempt and I'm just looking for
> comments regarding whether it's useful:
>
> http://gemmy.calicowebdev.com
>
> It's only running on one mongrel and I've done little to optimize it.
> The searching is performed using ferret. Comments welcome on this as
> well.
>
> Currently searchable fields are gem name, author, and description. If
> this seems like a bright idea, I'll probably add user annotations and
> tags for starters and make them searchable as well.
>
> Thanks in advance for your comments.

It appears to be broken.  There's no submit button, and hitting Enter
doesn't do anything when I've entered a term in the Find box.  Am I
misusing it somehow?

Isaac Asimov: "Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is
completely programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest."