Justin Collins wrote:
> Tony De wrote:
>> aid me in my learning process.  Thank you very much.
>>
>> tonyd
>>

> Writing code using the CGI library is just like any other Ruby code, so
> you can have any methods, classes, or other code that you want.
>
>>     puts "Content-type:
>> text/plain\r\n\r\n<HTML>\n<HEAD>\n<TITLE>CommSpeed Log
>> Search</TITLE>\n</HEAD>\n<BODY>\n"
>>     puts "<h1>No DHCP Log Results Found!</h1>"
>>     puts "</BODY>\n</HTML>\n"
>>                 exit
>
> The CGI library does this kind of HTML work for you. See the example in
> about the middle of the page here:
> http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/cgi/rdoc/classes/CGI.html
> and the documentation here:
> http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/cgi/rdoc/classes/CGI/HtmlExtension.html
>

> -Justin

Thanks Justin,

That's what I thought.  However, when I place a:

def my_method
end

statement, my code dies.  Even if I simply make the definition with no
additional code.  Do I need to place it at the top, bottom?  And does it
have something to do with the extension I place on the file, .cgi vs
.rb?

tonyd