On Mar 17, 2:13 pm, Phlip <phlip2... / gmail.com> wrote:
> wade wrote:
> > I'm using Ruby's Test::Unit framework to drive some functional tests
> > which use Selenium to perform E2E scenarios against a web app in a
> > real browser.  As one can easily imagine, running a large suite of
> > browser-based tests in serial can take ages
>
> How many of these tests could run against the source code directly, as real unit
> tests?
>
> --
>    Phlip
>    http://assert2.rubyforge.org/

Really none of them, unfortunately.  This specific domain of tests are
designed to be a sort of automated acceptance test to be carried out
following a deployment of the app, from an end-user perspective.  Thus
the need to simulate "real world" interactions, starting from a
browser and essentially excersizing each layer of the stack in an end
to end manner..